Smart Industry 4.0 Focused Investment Charter & Criteria
With a current market size of $66.67B and expected to reach $152.31B by 2022, Smart Industry “digitization” projects leverage A3 & BC technologies to enable cyber-physical systems to monitor the physical processes of the system (or physical asset – railcar, factory, etc.) and make decentralized decisions. The physical systems become Internet of-Things (“IoT”), communicating and cooperating both with each other and with humans in real time via the wireless web. Sciath seeks to invest $1MM to $100MM into all stage companies and projects which include the following characteristics:
- Interoperability — machines, devices, sensors and people that connect and communicate with one another.
- Information transparency — the systems create a virtual copy of the physical world through sensor data allowing businesses to contextualize information.
- Technical assistance — both the ability of the systems to support humans in making decisions and solving problems and the ability to assist humans with tasks that are too difficult or unsafe for humans.
- Decentralized decision-making — the ability of cyber-physical systems to make simple decisions on their own and become as autonomous as possible.
- Access to Proprietary Historical Data Repositories — historical data is the fuel for the AI engine – access to unique data sets is a critical component
- Recurring Revenue Subscription Based Business Models — the public and private markets reward ARR subscription revenue critical mass with premium valuation multiples
- Unlock asset value — the potential to unlock significant operational and capital value from both the supply chain and real assets